Are you thankful? Every day? I know I am! For so many things, large and small. When we observe life with what I like to call a "Gratitude Attitude", all the negatives and disappointments can't help but take a back seat, and that's exactly where they belong.
I have several blogging friends who routinely post the events in their lives for which they are thankful. I always find these inspirational as they vary from the profound to the down-to-earth ordinary. I never fail to be moved and motivated. I never fail to find myself giving thanks to the Lord for them and for their gifts of observation - when the ordinary becomes extraordinary . . . miraculous.
So, I thought, why not share my own for this week?
Lord, I am thankful for:
- Being able to attend husband Danny's high school reunion in Brunswick, Georgia, and staying on the pristine Jekyll beach.
- My daughter, getting a promotion at work.
- My son, finding a meaningful, loving relationship.
- The responsibility I see step-son, Giovanni, taking on willingly and in love.
- My dad, who had to visit the hospital this week, but is now home safe, healthy, and sound.
- My mom, who cares for my dad unceasingly, and has the strength and the love to stay focused and able.
- Inheriting an extra child car seat so I can transport my granddaughter, Virginia, without a hassle.
- Feeling the warmth of Virginia's hand clasped in mine as she snuggles on the couch with me.
- Appreciating the intricacies of patterns on the seemingly unimportant rocks and pebbles because Virginia notices and considers them all important.
- Danny scrubbing the pots/pans tonight because I had laundry to take off the line.
- Good weather so I could hang the clothes out.
- The prayer chain which keeps me up to date with those in need.
- My blogging friends who always visit, always comment, ever understand . . . What did I ever do to deserve you?
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for every blessing you have given to me. I pray you grace my friends with that very same love. Amen!