Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Thankfulness . . .



There is never enough time to be thankful, to be grateful . . . after reading my friend, Dawn's, blog post here , and after the special week I've had in the Nantahala Mountains, I could not contain myself.  Nor, should I.  

For every moment in our lives, no matter how desperate, or futile, how joyful, and embracing, deserves nothing less than thanksgiving to our God from us.  I believe, in my heart of hearts, that we are closest to Him when we don a gratitude attitude.

So, here is my thankful list for this week:


  • Travel mercies up to the mountains and back.
  • Internet access where I could at least post my blogs and comment back to the kind friends who take the time to visit.
  • Knowing my parents and MIL were okay.
  • Backgammon games where Danny mostly wins, but can't help showing me how to be a better player.
  • Movies enjoyed, caught up on because regular life is so busy.
  • The wind rustling in the leaves yet to fall.
  • Sunrises.
  • Cloud banks.
  • A sky so vibrantly blue.
  • Crescent moon at dawn and the myriad of stars in the evening.
  • Giving my business card to the locals in Bryson  City and the Nantahala Outdoor Center as the release of my book approaches.
  • Birds I can't identify, but will ever treasure their song.
  • Strong coffee in the morning.
  • Excellent meals served by Chef Danny.
  • The ever-changing shadows and light upon the mountains.
  • That all these treasured experiences are shared with the love of my life.
How about you?  In this November, the month in which we celebrate Thanksgiving, for what are you thankful?  Would love your responses in the comment section below.

May God bless each and every one of you!

10 comments:

  1. As I told Dawn, my gratitude is evidenced almost daily on Facebook. Some times it is difficult to find the appreciation let alone voice it, yet I do and have made a habit of it as part of my healing journey. I am forever grateful for the people I have met on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God surround you with His blessings, dear Jan! Making a habit of giving thanks, as I have found, is the absolute road to recovery and the right path which holds no detours. We are on His path.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. I'm so grateful to have met you!

      Delete
  2. The hills and mountains are definitely beckoning today. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzy, for visiting today!
      Yes, this is my favorite place upon all the earth to be. It most definitely places all my thankfulness in perspective always.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Gratitude definitely shows how much we ought to be thankful for. I am happy that you had a wonderful vacation.

    Have a blessed week ahead, dear Martha.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan! Yes, our time was one to be treasured.

      May you have joy and blessings this week, too!

      Delete
  4. Martha,
    You highlight nature in your post as several things that you are thankful for. I really feel connected to God in nature. He created this world and the animals, trees, sky, ocean for us. I too feel thankful when I look up at the blue sky and just know that God created this earth as our temporary home and that Heaven is going to be even more wonderful.

    Blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shalasha, for coming by!
      Yes, with you, I feel God's presence so much in the natural world created by His hands. It seems thankfulness comes so easily when I'm outdoors, admiring the beauty all around me.
      Thanks for coming by and may your day be blessed!

      Delete
  5. In everything, I give thanks to the Lord...but on this particular day, I thank Him for another year of opportunity to become a better person... and most esp. for protecting me and my family in every circumstances :) I'm particularly grateful for faithful friends like you... lots of love to you always! Thank you for sharing God's kindness and beauty in everything you do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, dear Melissa, and for your kind words. I, too, am grateful for this new year and for friends like you. My life is so much richer because of you being in it!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete