There is never enough time to be thankful, to be grateful . . . after reading my friend, Dawn's, blog post here , and after the special week I've had in the Nantahala Mountains, I could not contain myself. Nor, should I.
For every moment in our lives, no matter how desperate, or futile, how joyful, and embracing, deserves nothing less than thanksgiving to our God from us. I believe, in my heart of hearts, that we are closest to Him when we don a gratitude attitude.
So, here is my thankful list for this week:
- Travel mercies up to the mountains and back.
- Internet access where I could at least post my blogs and comment back to the kind friends who take the time to visit.
- Knowing my parents and MIL were okay.
- Backgammon games where Danny mostly wins, but can't help showing me how to be a better player.
- Movies enjoyed, caught up on because regular life is so busy.
- The wind rustling in the leaves yet to fall.
- Cloud banks.
- A sky so vibrantly blue.
- Crescent moon at dawn and the myriad of stars in the evening.
- Giving my business card to the locals in Bryson City and the Nantahala Outdoor Center as the release of my book approaches.
- Birds I can't identify, but will ever treasure their song.
- Strong coffee in the morning.
- Excellent meals served by Chef Danny.
- The ever-changing shadows and light upon the mountains.
- That all these treasured experiences are shared with the love of my life.
How about you? In this November, the month in which we celebrate Thanksgiving, for what are you thankful? Would love your responses in the comment section below.
May God bless each and every one of you!